Saturday, January 12, 2008

"Gonna Make a Pie"

I was home alone last night (well, almost alone. Ava was in her bed). I decided to make some tea, have a cookie and rent a movie. I stumbled upon "Waitress", a story about a young woman in an unhappy marriage who is not excited to find out she's pregnant. I really loved it. She works in a diner making exquisite pies and uses different fillings to express where she's at emotionally. I found it really sweet (no pun intended). I can't officially endorse this movie; I've gotten into trouble that way in the past and don't need anyone "questioning my salvation". But, if you're looking for a funny movie that makes your mouth water, check it out.


Baby don't you cry
Gonna make a pie
Gonna make a pie with a heart in the middle
Baby don't be blue
Gonna make for you
Gonna make a pie with a heart in the middle
Gonna make a pie from heaven above
Gonna be filled with strawberry love
Baby don't you cry
Gonna make a pie
And hold you forever in the middle of my heart

No comments: