Monday, October 15, 2007

Weeks Worth of Baking

I have been a baking machine. In the last week, I have baked myself out of flour (two kinds), sugar (two kinds), butter and cinnamon, and have gone through two dozen eggs. It's been a crazy, delicious circus around here. It seems as though I've had occasion to bake almost every night this week. Friends for dinner, birthday parties, a fall brunch, date-at-home sweets..............oh my.

And the lucky winners:

*Oatmeal chocolate chip cookies
*Good old-fashioned chocolate chip cookies - double batch
*Blueberry-Cranberry Coffee Cake (x2), recipe courtesy of Pleasant View Schoolhouse (this is a regular around our house. So easy, so good)
*Blueberry-Banana Bread (at my sister's request)
*Apple Cornmeal Cake with Raisins
*Double Chocolate Layer Cake with caramel, sweetened milk, coconut and whipped cream topping

Oh, and I almost forgot the two double-batches of homemade Shells and Cheese for my brother's 21st birthday party.

All of these irresistable temptations while trying to lose a few pounds before my December vacation. Unfair.



1 comment:

lar said...

thanks for all of it too! it was all wonderful and delicious! i don't even think to bake anymore, i just come to your house!