Monday, March 24, 2008

Easter Baking

My sweet friend Lindsey sent me a mother-load of limes last weekend. Yesterday morning, my husband ran them through our fruit juicer, which yielded about two and a half cups of tart, almost creamy juice. Part of it went into making Anna's limeade (with Pellegrino for a fresh, fizzy twist). The remainder was the star of this Limey Meringue Pie:




I had never worked with meringue before. It was fun and I was pleased with the outcome. The pie was wonderful, and I'm generally not a fan of lime pie.


And, because I have been elected "Resident Baker" for all family get-togethers, I also brought two trays of cakes, layered with custard and cream then topped with fresh fruit. I am calling them Easter Fairy Cakes:



So, tag Beth. You're it.

1 comment:

Elisabeth Black said...

I can see I'm going to have to surpass myself to keep up with you!