Monday, March 10, 2008

A Weekly Menu

I am not a natural-born housewife. It requires quite a bit of effort and forethought on my part to make my house run smoothly. Unlike my sister-in-law, I do not have a passion for laundry, dusting and de-cluttering (oh, how I wish that were the case). I'd much rather be baking cookies and sitting outside and eating them.

One thing that has worked for me over the years, though, is a weekly dinner menu. On Sunday nights, I try and put together a unique and appealing meal plan, then I shop on Monday or Tuesday. Once it's done, it's done, which means one less thing to think about. One less thing to potentially forget.

Our dinner menu for this week:

Monday - Bourbon steak, baked potatoes, green beans
Tuesday - Orange salmon, rice pilaf, zucchini, baked apples
Wednesday - Turkey chili, cornbread, cheese and fruit plate
Thursday - Spaghetti with herb salad and garlic bread
Friday - Crunchy chicken tenders, sweet potato fries, corn and baked beans

Simple. Balanced. Planned-ahead.

3 comments:

Elisabeth Black said...

Yum. What about Sunday?

Elisabeth Black said...

I mean Saturday. Wait. What do I mean?

lar said...

what night can we come for dinner?